Topic-icon Frage Camper for Hot Climate conditions

Mehr
15 Jahre 2 Monate her #1 von sansid
Camper for Hot Climate conditions wurde erstellt von sansid
Hello

I am looking for quality and reliability in Hot Climate conditions. better drivevability with these campers in off road conditions.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren, um der Konversation beizutreten.

• holger4x4
  • holger4x4s Avatar
  • Der Selbstausbauer!
Mehr
15 Jahre 2 Monate her #2 von holger4x4
holger4x4 antwortete auf Re: Camper for Hot Climate conditions
Hi Sansid,

if you want to have a camper for hot climate (I assume in India) and you want to have good offroad performance, why don`t you look for a popup camper?

Admin: Maybe we can separate this discussion to a new thread?

Gruß, Holger
Iveco Daily / Nissan Navara SE
Meine Wohnkabinen sind verkauft. Das aktuelle Mobil kann hier besichtigt werden.

Mehr
15 Jahre 2 Monate her #3 von sansid
Hi Holger,

Thank you, I already have a popup Hilo caravan from US. I am unable to use in some hostile conditions . Moreover, some time secuity issue in third world country like India is not like Europe. So I decided to go for Truck Camper. I seen both Nordstar and Tischer. I also I came to know that Tischer Sells more than Nordstar in Europe. I dont know the reason, is it because of quality , pricing or reputation of Good Picktruck camper buider Tischer is more than nordstar.
I plan to purchase, any one of them and drive from Bangalore to Leh in Kashmir which 3000kms one way. All climatic conditions like +40 to -30 climate conditions and also high altitute above 5000 meter above sea level
in Leh. One of the highest motorable / adventure roads in the world.

Please suggest to go for Nordstar or Tischer and why

Thank you

• holger4x4
  • holger4x4s Avatar
  • Der Selbstausbauer!
Mehr
15 Jahre 2 Monate her #4 von holger4x4
Hi Sansid,

to Nordstar and Tischer I can't give you really an advice. I never owned one of them. I have bought an empty cabin and built the rest myself.
Nordstar has a water floorheating which is good if you are more in cold climate. Tischer (not te BOX version, the normal one) may have the more stable construction.
But can you buy these in Bangalore?

If you want to drive a real adventure road, you should look to the total weight and use a as small as possible cabin.
A single (or 1-1/2 cab) pickup and a cabin with almost no overhang.

Would not be a Toyota HZJ79 + a direct mounted cabin an alternative? Then it would also be possible to step through from the cabin to the front, because you mentioned potentioal security issues. This would be an advantage.
But you cant buy that of the shelf, these are custom made. Maybe you can find a used one.

Gruß, Holger
Meine Wohnkabinen sind verkauft. Das aktuelle Mobil kann hier besichtigt werden.

Mehr
15 Jahre 2 Monate her #5 von sansid
Hi Holger,

Thank you, very much for your suggestions. unfortunately I have very less choice of vehicle in India. There is no Japanese pickup available in India. As we have high 100% customs duty for imports and homogolations issue in India. I have no choice for off road vehicle to import either new or old. I will be using TATA Xenon pickup.

Tischer or Nordstar, I need only to import. For importing a empty cabin and build, it is not so easy, because raw materials non availablilty , I need to import allmost everything needed for the camper. So I no choice to build my self, only go in for by ready to use camper.

Do you mean Tischer Trail will be better than Box? and have stable constructions?

I have visited both these companies during my other business visit to Europe. I found Skarassor OEM for Nordstar is bigger company than Tischer. Skarassor belongs to Polar Caravan group. They have good manufacturing practice. I also saw the leak check system for caravan with them. Price offer from both of them is almost same. Tischer is more expensive when I compared Tischer 230 with ALDE 3000 heating system

Please suggest if you any more informations

Thank you

• holger4x4
  • holger4x4s Avatar
  • Der Selbstausbauer!
Mehr
15 Jahre 2 Monate her #6 von holger4x4
Hi,

I looked to the Tata Specification.
The Single cab has a good payload of 1000kg and with a bed length of 188cm a Tischer/Nordstar cabin designed for a standard 1.5 cab should fit very well.
The crewcab has only 143cm bed length. You won't be happy to put a cabin on there, the rear overhang would be very high and thats not a good idea for your tour.

I am wondering a bit about the motors: the 3L common rail has only 115Hp, the 2.2L has 140Hp !? With the smaller motor there is 100kg more payload possible. Which one will you take?

Regarding Tischer <>Nordstar, maybe some of the owners will chime in here to help you on your decission.

Have you seen both cabins as you visited Germany?

Gruß, Holger

Mehr
15 Jahre 2 Monate her #7 von sansid
Hi

I have a family with two kids, this is the main reason to have the TATA Xenon Crew. Tata has two motors. 3.0L is sold in only in SouthAfrica, because of good low torque. Europe, India, Srilanka,Thailand and Argentina they are selling 2.2L, 140ps. This motor is develped with collabration with AVL Austria. I have only one choice of this 2.2L, low torque is not as good as 3.0L, but no choice.. This has payload of 1000 kilos for crew cab.

Tischer has 215 shorter version and also Nordstar has new model called Flex camper in Germany and other place they call as Camp 4.0 . This camp 4.0 has some some design change, grey water tank is in centre of the cabin instead of regular in the side. Benefits with this campers is it's lighter and shorter so makes towing easier
www.polarvagnen.se/index.asp?sida=camper40&vagn=polarcamper40">www.polarvagnen.se/index.asp?sid ... arcamper40
This camper has another problem, cannot have both shower and cassette toilet together because of the space limitation. We can have either inside shower or inside toilet

Bit confused, to decide. I have seen campers visiting both these companies in Tischer in Germany and Skarasser in Sweden and also in Dusseldorf show last year

Thank you

• Reini
  • Reinis Avatar
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Irgendwas is ja immer...
Mehr
15 Jahre 2 Monate her #8 von Reini
Hi Ramesh,

I used to own a Nordstar Eco 220 for five years and had serious leaking problems .

Since 03/2007 I'm owning a Trail 305s which Tischer built for me with an individual floor plan for more or less no extra money. I think this is a clear advantage of small manufacturers who can cater to customer requirements with higher flexibility. By now I'm absolutly satisfied and found that in comparison with the Nordstar the aerodynamically designed 'nose' of the Trail 305s increased my fuel economy by 15% to 20% although it is much longer, higher, wider and nearly 60% heavier than the Eco 220.

Another reason to go for the Trail: Most manufacturers are placing the bonding of wall, roof and floor parts at the edges which are the most stressed parts of a cabine. The use of molded GRP and sandwich parts for corners and edges of the Trail models provides the opportunity to move bondings from the higher stressed edges to the lower stressed planes which from my point of view means a significant improvement of the durability.

Grüße aus 'm Wald,

Reini (inzwischen mit weißer Würstchenbude unterwegs)

Mehr
15 Jahre 2 Monate her #9 von sansid
Hi Reini

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Do you have any suggestion of the bike carriers in Tischer and Nordstar

As Holger, one of the member explained me that short cabins are good for offroad use. What is your comment between 215 and 230 Trail. I will be using on a TATA Xenon, load area is only 1.4mx1.4mx0.4H. Which size will be appropriate for this load area.

I think, I have seen your camper and pickup last feb/march 2008, when I visited Tischer. It was with a American pickup

Mehr
15 Jahre 2 Monate her #10 von Lance a lot
Lance a lot antwortete auf Re: Camper for Hot Climate conditions
Hi Sansid,

welcome here!

I can not really comment on the Tischer/Nordstar issue. Both are reknowned manufacturers. I have seen both and I think they are fine products. There are a number of other manufacturers, too - like Ormocar and Bimobil - which can build anything to your specific needs.

Have you looked around in Australia? A starting point might be the NATCOA forums at truckcamperforums.com">truckcamperforums.com - I hope Mark will forgive me for posting a link to our competitor ;-) In any case whatever they have there can withstand the heat...

What other posters wanted to tell you was that the short box of a crew cab truck will send the center of gravity very much aft. That, in turn, puts a lot of load on the rear axle. Combined with rough roads, that can lead to overload damage of the truck frame. It also doesn't help with the handling of the truck/camper. Many people here with japanese trucks use aftermarket suspension upgrades. But even then, these truck/camper combinations are often near (and sometimes beyond) their design limits.

There are so many helpful, knowledgeable people here, I am sure there will be a solution to your problem.

Best wishes,
Joerg

Edit: typo fixed.

Mehr
15 Jahre 2 Monate her #11 von Mark

Mark will forgive me for posting a link to our competitor

USA is far far away ;-)

You can also look here

Gruß M@rk Ford Ranger Doka Limited und Tischer Trail 230S

Dieses Bild ist für Gäste verborgen.
Bitte anmelden oder registrieren um das Bild zu sehen.

Händler für Tischer Wohnkabinen in NRW und Campingzubehör im Wohnkabinen Shop

Gasprüfungen für Reisemobile, Wohnkabinen und -wagen und gewerblich genutzte Fahrzeuge

Dieses Bild ist für Gäste verborgen.
Bitte anmelden oder registrieren um das Bild zu sehen.

Mehr
15 Jahre 2 Monate her #12 von sansid
Hi Joerg,

Thank you very much for your comments.

Bimobil, is good, unfortunately, I dont live in Germany and So I cannot take my Indian Pickup to the workshop to customise. No Japanise pickup is available in India. So, I cannot get the kit from Bimobil and assemble in India.

I have certainly looked at Austrialian manufacturers, some of the them are heavier and it not self contain like the European manufacture.

Thank you

Best Regards
Ramesh

• Reini
  • Reinis Avatar
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Irgendwas is ja immer...
Mehr
15 Jahre 2 Monate her #13 von Reini
For a bike carrier there is nothing better than having the door at the side and the rear wall available for some off-the-shelf carrier. However, a side entry will require 70 - 80 cm overhang at least but unfortunately good off-road capabilities and major overhangs are mutually exclusive.

Especially with a 4-door pickup you will have to cope with the problem that almost 100% of the camper weight are placed behind the rear axle. This means massive disadvantages for off-road use and for on-road use as well. The longer the overhang the worse the handling characteristics and the higher the breaking load for the pickup frame.

Grüße aus 'm Wald,

Reini (inzwischen mit weißer Würstchenbude unterwegs)

• holger4x4
  • holger4x4s Avatar
  • Der Selbstausbauer!
Mehr
15 Jahre 2 Monate her #14 von holger4x4
Sansid, forget about the Camp 4.0, this is too long for your crew cab. The Camp 3.5 would be the maximum you can carry. And forget also to carry bikes with a Crewcab, your family and all the other things you need to carry with you. This will overload the rear axle!
Tischer 200, or absolute maximum is the 215 as alternative in the Trail version.

Toilet/Shower in such a small cabin? My opinion: Toilet yes! Shower no, the space is too small and you would need to carry more water.

What about Gas? Do you have compatible 5kg Bottles to our european ones? Or do you need to do some modifications?

Refrigirator: As you are in hot climate, I would exchange the absorber to a Coolmatic, see options list. Else you will have problems. The absorbers are not very effective. Above 30°C they are not working good anymore.

Gruß, Holger

Moderatoren: holger4x4

Neueste Anzeigen aus dem Marktplatz

Ladezeit der Seite: 0.086 Sekunden